Itineraries and Costs
If you’re going to go on safari to Africa, do it right! Don’t follow the crowds but really experience the full range of sensory overload Africa has to offer: wildlife, scenery, activities, lodges and fascinating and welcoming people We don’t arrange nights outside of parks to save money and we try wherever possible to avoid other visitors but we also tend to steer clients away from the super-luxurious camps which offer a level of luxury which is at odds with a true safari experience. There are now a number of camps with high season costs of up to and over $2000 per person per night! Our usual safaris are in the range of $400 to $1,000 per night but with the emphasis on the best wildlife areas, the best guides and very, very comfortable camps which are part of their surroundings. We pay particular attention to the time of the year and, having no affiliation to any chain of camps or lodges, can choose the best camps to suit a particular party at their time of the year.
- Given the range and scope of the best safari areas we recommend a minimum of eight days on safari. A twelve day safari is possibly the ideal length of time for most people and will give you a real insight into the country and life on safari.
- Sample outline itineraries are given below; contact us for a more detailed daily itinerary. Please remember these are only examples; most of our safaris are private trips and are individually costed, the more unique and exclusive the safari experience, in general the higher the cost. As a guide, a customised private safari for four people using a mix of luxury mobile camps, permanent camps and lodges will cost from around U.S. $500 per person per day.
- Scheduled lodge safaris, on a seat-in-a- 4×4-vehicle basis, run from around $300 per person per day. This includes all accommodation, park fees, transport, transfers and most meals.
- Ten day Mt Kilimanjaro climb, with eight nights on the mountain, from $2,530 per person sharing.
The most convenient way to reach Tanzania is on Royal KLM airlines from Amsterdam, flying directly into Kilimanjaro Airport.
- If you are a British resident, contact us for costs in pounds sterling, which depend on currency fluctuations, but will be confirmed at the time of booking.
1 Simply Gorillas, 4 day extension to see Rwanda’s gorillas, from $1,520 per person sharing plus gorilla permits.
2 Rwanda’s Gorillas, Chimps, lakes and birdlife, 7 days from US$ 3,280 per person plus permits.
protected under the Travel Trust Association scheme, membership number Q4764